Through this course, you will examine financial statements—including the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and statement of stockholders’ equity—as guides to fiscal health. You will also identify what you want to gain from a budget and describe the steps of budgeting to meet these goals. Finance and Budgeting Essentials for Business Professionals grounds you in the functions and tools of finance.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Lesson 1: Reviewing Financial Basics
● Topic A: Identify the Benefits of Finance
● Topic B: Describe Financial Statements
Lesson 2: Interpreting Balance Sheets
● Topic A: Identify Elements of Balance Sheets
● Topic B: Analyze a Balance Sheet
Lesson 3: Interpreting Income Statements
● Topic A: Identify Elements of Income Statements
● Topic B: Analyze an Income Statement
Lesson 4: Interpreting Other Financial Statements
● Topic A: Read Cash Flow Statements
● Topic B: Read Statements of Stockholders’ Equity
● Topic C: Read Notes to Financial Statements
● Topic D: Identify Elements of Financial Statements for Non-Profits
Lesson 5: Planning a Budgeting Approach
● Topic A: Describe Budgeting Principles
● Topic B: Choose What and How to Budget
Lesson 6: Utilizing Budgets
● Topic A: Prepare an Operating Budget
● Topic B: Prepare an Activity-Based Budget
● Topic C: Monitor a Budget
All business professionals who want to learn more about business finance.
You Will Learn To:
● Describe the importance and major elements of financial statements.
● Use balance sheets to determine the assets a company has at its disposal.
● Interpret income statements to identify corporate earnings, expenses, and profitability.