The Internet of Things–Business Perspectives course provides an overview and insight into the emerging technology.
The course covers the basic concepts, terminology, and key components of IoT. It explains the business perspectives of IoT including the advantages of early adoption and monetization models. It further expands on the technologies enabling IoT and the various challenges to expect. Several scenarios describe the use cases and applications of IoT that result in smart applications and services to inspire organizations making the move to IoT. The course provides future insights in IoT and forecasts the status of the connected world in 2020.
This interactive and thought provoking course includes:
● Group discussions
● Lab activities to allow you to experience IoT applications: These are in-class lab exercises which will allow participants to experience IoT applications.
● Case scenarios around IoT
● Module End Questions
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Concepts and Terminologies
● Introduction: Internet, Things, and IoT
● IoT Types, History and Evolution of IoT
● Cyber-Physical Systems and Differences Among IoE, M2M, and IoT
● Facts and Figures Around IoT and IoT Application Areas
● Drivers of IoT
● Benefits of a Connected World
● IoT Business: Opportunities, Benefits, and Challenges
● IoT Monetization Strategies and Models
Basic Building Blocks of IoT–Architecture
● Architecture of IoT Components
● Network Protocols Within IoT
Enabling Technologies of IoT + Lab Activities
● Role of Social Media and Mobility in IoT
● Defining SMACT
● Role of Big Data and Analytics in IoT
● Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
IoT Security and Top Governance Issues
● IoT Security Challenges
● Causes of IoT Security Breaches
● IoT Security Risks
IoT Case Studies and Future Predictions
● IoT Usage Scenarios
● IoT Growth Perspectives
IoT Future Predictions
● The Internet of Things–Business Perspectives course is most interesting for business and management professionals, including:
● C – Level Executives and Senior Management
● General Managers including Business Development Managers (Marketing, Sales)
● IT Project & Programme Management, Risk Management and IT Service Management
● Business Analysts, Marketing and Sales Executives
● Entrepreneurs and Investors
● Consultants, Professionals in IT service related fields
Course participants will be able to understand the:
● Concepts and terminologies of IoT.
● New devices and interfaces that are driving IoT growth.
● Business perspectives of IoT (advantages of early adoption of IoT technologies).
● Implications of IoT for your business.
● Role of enabling technologies for IoT, such as cloud computing and Big Data.
● Security and governance issues with IoT.
● Future growth opportunities of IoT in the coming years.