The mission of every organization is affected by today’s global economy and the digital era. Organizations are critically dependent on information technology (IT) to better support their Business Goals. Risk Management plays a critical role in protecting an organization’s information assets, and its mission therein, from any related Risk. An effective Risk Management Process is an important component of a successful security program. The principal goal of an organization’s Risk Management Process should be to protect the organization and its ability to perform its mission, not just its assets. Therefore, the Risk Management Process should not be treated primarily as a technical function carried out by the experts who operate and manage the system, but as an essential management function of the organization.
Risk is the net negative impact of the exercise of a vulnerability, considering both the probability and the impact of occurrence. Risk Management is the Process of identifying Risk, assessing Risk, and taking steps to reduce risk to an acceptable level. This course provides an overview of the specific criteria, steps, and actions necessary to implement and sustain a comprehensive Information Risk Management program.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
● Pre Course Reading
● Risk Management Definitions and Principles
● Risk Management Policies and Requirements
● Defining Risk Management Goals and Objectives
● NIST Assessment Process – A Best Practice
● Course Learning Summary
This workshop is intended for:
● Internal and external auditors (IT, financial, operational)
● Risk Compliance Officers
● Professionals involved in organizational or IT GRC strategic initiative
● Secondary Audience
● Management consultants
● Directors of Human ReCourses
● Facilities Managers
● Address various Risk methodologies and assess the application to individual enterprise environments.
● Explain and utilize Risk Assessment and analysis methodologies.
● Identify significant components of Risk and their respective Definitions.
● Define Risk Management Goals and Objectives.
● Document Risk Practices and Risk types.
● Recognize the ISO Principles of Risk Management.
● Understand the COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5 elements related to IT Risk identification and Management.
● Apply the nine (9) steps of the NIST IT Risk Assessment methodology to an enterprise-wide Risk Assessment project.
● Prepare and evaluate a Statement of Risk Management.
● Describe the role and value of IT Risk Management as a basis of proactive corporate governance.