The Software Testing Essentials course is a one day introductory course explaining the fundamentals of software testing.
The course explains the importance of testing and reasons why we test software. It looks at how testing fits into the overall Development Lifecycle and what can be done to improve effectiveness and efficiency of testing within our organisation.
This course helps to provide delegates with an understanding of the principles of testing and explain different testing terminology. The course also provides an overview of the different testing techniques, tools and how to detect and prevent defects.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Session 1: Principles of Testing
● Importance of Testing
● Principles of Testing
● Causes of Error
Session 2: Testing in the Life Cycle
● Level of Testing
● The Test Process
Session 3: Overview of Testing Techniques and Tools
● What is Testing Techniques
● Black and White Box Techniques and Coverage
● Testing tools and automation
Session 4: Overview of Managing Testing
● Monitoring and Control
● Measuring effectiveness
● Team Leads
● Project Managers
● Business Analysts
● Quality Analysts
● Senior Managers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
● Understand testing principles, the importance of testing and impact on the organisation.
● Recognise 6 common types of bugs and the strategies to use to attack and destroy them.
● Gain an understanding of the various types of testing tools and where they fit into the overall lifecycle.
● Understand and apply a powerful monitoring technique known as S-Curves.
● Improve your skills in test estimation using 6 different estimation methods and understand some of the problems associated with test estimation.
● Be able to measure the value of testing using a simple yet powerful measurement technique called DDP (Defect Detection Percentage).