Every day, managers solve difficult problems, turn organizations around, and achieve astonishing performance. To be successful, every organization needs good managers.
This Essential Management Skills training is suitable for anyone that works in a management or leadership role. They will provide the perfect foundation for new managers to develop and grow while giving existing managers the chance
to review their current skills and build on their performance.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
● Introduction and Objectives – Setting the scene for the training course, building an understanding of the five key tasks of managers and what is required to achieve them.
● Icebreaker – Developing an understanding of what participants expect to get out of the training course and their expectations.
● Management as a Product – Understanding the purpose of management and how it can be improved by considering it as a product in its own right.
● Assessing Your Personal Management Style – Completing a questionnaire to define the management style of participants, helping to identify with their approach and noting any shortfalls. Identifying when it might be best to adapt their style to suit an alternative approach.
● Setting Goals, Strategies, Objectives, Tasks and KPIs – Deciding the hierarchy of the different elements and creating their own workplace examples.
● Prioritising – Using guidance from the Pareto Principle to help understand different priorities and how tasks should be approached.
● Delegating – Establishing a structured approach to delegating and following a case study that helps the participants apply this to a real-life scenario. Includes examples of a delegation log and RACI for use back in the workplace.
● Giving Performance Feedback – Defining performance feedback and understanding how to engage in smart conversations that get results. Includes a chance to role-play expected approaches using workplace simulations.
● Managing Meetings – Learning the seven steps to successful workplace meetings.
● Having Innovative Meetings – Applying Gamification techniques to help make meetings more engaging and motivate attendees to change behaviors, develop skills or solve problems. Includes two key interactive activities that can be applied to workplace meetings.
● Creating Engagement – Establishing the elements that help create engagement for teams and how these can be used at work.
● Motivation – A review of the different approaches to motivation and how best to include motivation techniques in your everyday working style. Use of a TEDTalks video to look at a different approach to motivation. Includes two case studies to help embed the learning and highlight how learned techniques are best used in the real world.
● Summary – A look at actions and how to move into a ‘future state’ of learning to ensure management skills are further developed.
This course is highly interactive and includes activities, discussions and exercises throughout to both engage the learners and help embed the learning.
Anybody who is interested in learning Essential Management Skills.
At the end of this Essential Management Skills training you will be able to:
● Use a framework for effective management
● Set goals, objectives, strategy and KPIs
● Prioritize and organize your work effectively
● Create employee engagement
● Motivate and monitor your staff