A good proposal doesn’t just outline what product or service you would like to create or deliver. It does so in such a way that the reader feels it is the only logical choice. Your participants will explore the proposal writing process including the most common types of proposals.
The Proposal Writing workshop will take participants through each step of the proposal writing process, from understanding why they are writing a proposal; to gathering information; to writing and proofreading; through to creating the final, professional product.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 799.00
Regular Price: AUD 649.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: AUD 699.00
Regular Price: AUD 549.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Module One: Understanding Proposals
● What is a Proposal?
● The Proposal Writing Process
● Types of Proposals
● About Requests for Proposals
Module Two: Beginning the Proposal Writing Process
● Identifying Your Purpose and Your Audience
● Performing a Needs Analysis
● Writing the Goal Statement
Module Three: Preparing an Outline
● A General Format
● Special Sections
● Creating a Framework
● Getting Down to Details
Module Four: Finding Facts
● Identifying Resources
● Using the Internet as a Resource
● Organizing Your Information
Module Five: Writing Skills (I)
● Spelling and Grammar
● Working with Words
● Constructing Sentences
● Persuasive Writing
● Mastering Voice
Module Six: Writing Skills (II)
● Creating Paragraphs
● Creating Strong Transitions
● Building to Conclusions
Module Seven: Writing the Proposal
● Educating the Evaluator
● Ghosting the Competition
● Using Illustrations
Module Eight: Checking for Readability
● Checking for Clarity
● Reading for Your Audience
● Using the Readability Index
Module Nine: Proofreading and Editing
● Proofreading Like a Pro
● Editing Techniques
● Checking the Facts
● The Power of Peer Review
Module Ten: Adding the Final Touches
● Our Top Typesetting Tips
● Achieving a Professional Look and Feel
● Creating the Final Package
Module Eleven: Wrapping Up
● Words from the Wise
● Review of Parking Lot
● Lessons Learned
● Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Anybody who is interested in learning Proposal Writing Skills.
● Writing winning proposals effectively and efficiently.
● Develop proposals with a higher chance of winning.
● Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competition.
● Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks.
● Proposal strategy, planning, authoring, and improving.
● Thinking like a proposal evaluator, funder, buyer or investor.
● Learning to win business via grants and contracts.